- High school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred
- 1 year Maintenance Technician experience is preferred
- Able to lift over 50 lbs. consistently throughout an 8-12 hour workday
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, wiring map diagram, structural maintenance including, but not limited to, drainage pipes, gutters, sidewalk repair, fundamental to advanced plumbing, basic to advanced electrical, and painting.
- Must be able to read, write, and perform basic mathematics without assistance
- Ability to travel to additional safety or instructional courses off the premises.
- Remain on call after hours if necessary.
- Ability to work overtime if necessary.
- Reliable transportation is required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Embodies Laramar Core Values
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- Positive attitude, organization with strong attention to detail required
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and Company goals
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
PERKS OF THE JOB:
- 14 paid holidays (including your birthday!):
- Sundays off
- Paid 401k match
- Zero-dollar healthcare plan option
- Flexible hours & PTO
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid short- and long-term disability insurance
- 20% housing discount if you live on site
Physical Demands and Work Environment: (The phrases "occasionally," "regularly," and "frequently" correspond to the following definitions: "occasionally" means up to ⅓ of working time, "regularly" means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and "frequently" means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- The work environment is the typical commercial property management environment. The employee must complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, clients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others. Must be able to drive to sites or meetings with staff, clients, and vendors.
- The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing this job's duties, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. This job's specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation